When you see water dripping from your outdoor AC unit, it can cause concern. It’s normal for your AC to produce condensation, but excessive water leakage can indicate a problem that requires attention. Ignoring a leaking outdoor AC unit can damage the system and increase energy bills. If you need AC repair in Clifton Park, NY, or the surrounding areas, contact Albany Mechanical Services Inc. for prompt and reliable service.
Possible Causes Of An Outdoor AC Unit Leaking Water
- Clogged Drain Line: The drain line carries condensation away from the AC unit and outside your home. When the drain line becomes clogged with dirt, debris, or algae, water can back up into the system and overflow from the unit. A clogged drain line can cause significant water damage to your home if not addressed promptly.
- Low Refrigerant Levels: This can also cause water leakage from your outdoor AC unit. When the refrigerant levels are low, the evaporator coil can freeze, causing ice to form on the coil. As the ice melts, excess water can drip from the unit. Consequence of a leaking outdoor AC unit can lead to the unit blowing warm air and causing an increase in energy bills.
- Frozen Evaporator Coil: This can cause water leakage from your outdoor AC unit. The ice can melt and overflow from the unit when the evaporator coil freezes. A clogged or blocked air filter, low refrigerant levels, or a faulty blower motor could be a possible cause.
- Improper Installation: If your outdoor AC unit leaks water, it may be due to improper installation. A poorly installed unit can cause water to pool inside the system and overflow from the unit. If you suspect improper installation is the cause of your water leakage, it’s essential to contact our professional for a thorough inspection.
How To Address A Leaking Outdoor AC Unit
If you notice water leakage from your outdoor AC unit, it’s crucial to address the problem promptly to avoid damage to your system and home. You can note some of these steps to address the issue of a leaking outdoor AC unit:
- Turn off the AC unit: Shut down the power to your outdoor AC unit to prevent further damage.
- Clear the drain line: If a clogged drain line is the cause of your water leakage, you can clear the line with a wet-dry vacuum or a pipe cleaner.
- Check the air filter: A dirty filter and a frozen evaporator coil can cause low refrigerant levels. Consider inspecting your air filter and consider replacing it if it appears dirty.
- Call a professional: If you’re unsure of the cause of your water leakage or don’t feel comfortable addressing the issue, contact a professional for AC repair in Clifton Park like us. Our professional can diagnose the problem and provide a solution to address the issue.
Upgrade Your AC Unit With Albany Mechanical Services Inc.
If you’re experiencing water leakage from your outdoor AC unit or need AC repair in Clifton Park, contact Albany Mechanical Services Inc. Our experienced professionals can promptly diagnose and repair any AC system issues. We offer emergency air conditioning repair in Latham and the surrounding areas to ensure you stay comfortable in your home. Don’t let a leaking outdoor AC unit cause damage to your system and home.