Signs that indicate your heating device needs replacement
Heater replacement experts in Clifton Park suggest there are a few things you can look for to determine whether it’s time for a replacement.
The furnace is making squeaking or grinding noises
- If your furnace makes strange noises, consider repairing it. However, if your furnace has been making these sounds for several months, then you should get it replaced.
- The furnace runs non-stop
- Your furnace runs non-stop without any noticeable temperature change inside your home, even though you don’t have open heat vents like those in bathrooms.
- Your house is always cold
- If your home feels drafty or cold even when the temperature outside isn’t freezing, this could be a sign that your furnace needs to be replaced.
- You smell gas coming from the furnace
- If you smell gas coming from your furnace, this is another indicator that it’s time for a replacement. Not only does this mean there are issues with how much fuel is being burned by the heating system, but there could also be leaks in the pipes.
- The pilot light on your gas furnace isn’t burning properly
- If your pilot light is out, the gas flow is not getting from the gas tank to the burners. If this happens, you could end up with a fire, which is extremely dangerous. So, if the pilot light on your gas furnace isn’t burning correctly, fix it ASAP or replace the furnace if fixing it is not a viable option.
- You notice rust, corrosion, or discolored areas on the motor
Suppose you notice rust or corrosion on any part of your furnace. In that case, it’s time to call in heating services professionals in Saratoga Springs so they can inspect your system and determine whether or not it’s safe for you to continue using your unit until it gets replaced.
What kind of furnace is most efficient for your home?
When you choose Albany Mechanical, you’re choosing a company that’s been serving the community for many years. We’re committed to providing high-quality heater replacement at Clifton Park at a fair price—not just once, but every time.
Looking for budget-friendly heating or cooling services? Look no further than Albany Mechanical! Call us at 518-273-5541 or email us to determine whether it is time to replace your gas furnace.